Business Development Associate
Cambridge Global Payments is looking for motivated Business Development Associates to join their thriving sales team and focus on generating new business in the Fintech market. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate sales environment where you will be exposed to the competitive, coveted financial sector. The successful candidate will offer their knowledge, experience, confidence and build credibility with prospects in the International payments sales arena. Competitive base salary is offered, plus opportunities to earn ample commission, and bonuses based on performance.
Cambridge Global Payments provides comprehensive training and ample opportunities for growth and promotion from within, with ongoing training and development.
- Drive to achieve monthly targets by Identifying, accessing, and selling prospects on the value Cambridge can bring to their respective business
- Convince a prospect to move from a warm lead to become a Cambridge client by completing an application in order to conduct a first time trade with an experienced in-house Cambridge Account Executive/Trader
- Set an appointment with a prospect to conduct either a phone discussion or a face to face meeting with an experienced outside Cambridge National Account Manager
- Conduct prospect demonstrations of Cambridge Online as an efficient and effective payment system option
- Continually market those prospects who are not ready to move to Cambridge by making periodic calls, sending timely market updates and marketing materials
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Source and generate leads for potential new business
- Create a positive impression of Cambridge with prospects by acting professionally and providing timely and accurate follow up.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree/ Diploma in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field
- 6 months to 2 years of inside and/or outside sales experience and/or telesales experience is a must. Candidates with experience in the FX industry will be considered over those without.
- Knowledge of the financial markets will be a plus, along with payment process understanding (training will be offered to further enhance this knowledge)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Demonstrated level of sales confidence during the interview process
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive outlook
- Credibility, and confidence to liaise with Directors, and C-Level Executives of large corporations
- Drive to succeed
- Proven ability to deliver results within required deadlines
- Ability to work in a metrics reporting environment
- The ability to work independently and as a team player.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a vibrant culture
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a subsidiary of Fleetcor Inc, is a leading provider of global payments and currency risk management, delivering innovative solutions designed to address the unique business needs of our clients for over 25 years. We have built our business on making payments smoother, faster and more efficient with industry-leading technologies. We are one of the largest independent providers globally, with offices across North America, Europe and Australia.