Credit Card Charge Back Analyst
The Credit Card Chargeback Analyst researches, initiates and responds to credit card chargebacks, retrieval requests (requests for copies of a transaction) and specific pre-arbitration and pre-compliance cases, both as an Issuer and a Merchant across multiple platforms, while adhering to the rules and strict timeframes set by the bank card associations, and Reg E.
Other duties may be assigned.
Analyze the documentation received to support the dispute to determine if the transaction(s) qualifies for a chargeback based on the respective bank card association rules and regulations. Pull any additional documentation needed from our internal systems or the MasterCard Online portal to aid in the investigation. For qualified disputes, if needed or required, prepare clear and concise chargeback or rebuttal letters to submit with the case. Promptly process the chargeback, or second presentment, via the appropriate processing platform along with the required and/or supporting documentation.
- When applicable, compose and mail the required Reg E status letter to the cardholder.
- Issue credit due to cardholder(s) account, or debit the cardholder account for valid second presentments.
- Ensure that all cases are accounted for and processed timely.
- Work with Customer Service and Risk Management teams on the specific details of complex cases.
- Communicate the status and end result of all disputes to the party that originated the case.
- Report any suspicious transaction activity that may indicate fraud to Risk Management.
- Escalate potential processing problems or data integrity issues to the appropriate area for escalation.
The Ideal Candidate
- High School education or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years bank card processing experience, or at least 1 year of Comdata MasterCard Fleet Card related experience would be a plus
- Must be detail oriented with great analytical skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills to manage the multiple chargeback processing cycles in a timely manner
- Must effectively interact with associates, customers, partners, merchants, acquirers and management
- Must be able to work under general supervision
- To perform this job successfully, individuals should have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications with an emphasis on Word and Excel
- One Note experience would be a plus
- A good understanding of general business practices
- A basic understanding of the MasterCard Fleet Card transaction process
- Possess or develop a good understanding of the MasterCard Rules applicable to Chargebacks
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14the most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
· #309 Largest Company by Market Value
· #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
· #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
· #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
· #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.