Director, Operations / Services, Comdata
The Director, Regulatory Compliance Services in North American Trucking will oversee the day to day operations of the business which includes: managing the budget and expenses for the business, maintaining appropriate staffing levels, customer relations, daily fulfillment of customer requests, adhering to agency standards and requirements, balancing workload and staff.
In addition, the Director is responsible for the overall growth of the business, which is achieved in partnership with sales and marketing, through the development and management of a robust product roadmap and by implementing and retaining customers. The Director will also coach his/her team to ensure we are providing superior customer service in order to help the business achieve financial goals.
- Establish and control required staffing volumes to ensure the associates are meeting the goals necessary to fulfill client requests in a timely manner and with exceptional quality.
- Ensure that customer issues are documented and resolved and that service expectations are identified and met to promote retention, revenue growth and cross selling. Ensures quality metrics and call metrics are met/exceeded for each service associate.
- Act as the first level of escalation to ensure customers’ satisfaction with Comdata’s services. Proactively target and implement needed service improvements; including go forward product plans (product road maps) as needed.
- Collaborate with the sales organization to provide pricing, references, testimonials, demos, tours and other support to bring new customers on board as needed.
- Establish and maintain high- level relationships with key customers. Conduct annual reviews and visits in support of these key relationships. Participate in and help drive initiatives brought forth by the Customer Advisory Board (CAB) for Fuel Tax/RCS.
- Act as the voice of the customer in all internal discussions pertaining to product development, marketing and pricing. Provide appropriate business analytics to support strategies for product enhancements and process improvements. Collaborate with product strategy and market to develop plans to accelerate growth in the business and market.
- Prepare and present to management a consolidated report of monthly activity for the business including Customer Relations activities, Agency submissions and key issues, sales and starts initiatives and volumes; business losses and key trends; and agency, vendor and development updates.
- Responsible for management of all expenses pertaining to business and the associated budget.
- Responsible for daily management of direct reports; performance reviews for each associate in attendance, vacation, performance, and training. Monitor, coach and document any disciplinary, training and career pathing issues for all associates on the team. Establish bonus criteria and key incentives for team. Use succession plan as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supervision of additional staff is required in this position, which includes a Manager, an Analyst and several additional team members to support the business as needed.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method, which appropriately address the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 5-7 years of prior sales/customer relations experience and, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous people management experience required. Must have prior use of various complex information systems, including customer database controls and their use to manage the interface of business processes. Previous P&L responsibility required.
- Working knowledge of the trucking/transportation industry helpful but not required.
- Excellent level of personal organization with excellent oral/written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment while effectively managing multiple projects. Superior telephone etiquette, customer service, and sales skills are required, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues and escalations.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit at workstation for a minimum of 7 hours per day, while using a computer keyboard and telephone. No lifting or other strenuous activity required. The necessity for meeting customer needs requires limited travel as necessary.
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company partners with more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing, payroll and healthcare spending, making it one of the largest fuel card issuers and the second largest commercial MasterCard provider in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across North America. To learn more about Comdata, Inc., visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.