Director, Sales Operations
The Director of Sales Operations is a key member of the sales leadership team for Comdata's Corporate Payments team. This role will run enabling activities and provide analytical insight into sales activities that drive sales productivity, performance and results.
- Operates as "Chief of Staff" to EVP of Sales and Marketing for Corporate Payments.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the sales plan, budget, current performance, and potential drivers of change.
- Must have a data-driven perspective on the business.
- Oversee key performance metrics to determine performance to targets and identify opportunities for improvement and/or growth; will advise and coach sales leaders on current performance and areas of improvement.
- Manage day-to-day sales operations while continuing to make improvements to the program and process.
- Assumes a key role in both annual sales planning as well as on-going or ad-hoc planning exercises.
- Develops compensation plans for the sales teams and associated quotas required to meet business targets. Design and modify territories as necessary.
- Shepherds the training process of new and existing sales reps; work with business leaders to update, maintain, design overarching curriculum for specific training events.
- Assumes direct responsibility for projects aimed at driving sales performance.
- Manage monthly reporting on the team’s sales operations and processes as well as any potential roadblocks/challenges and how to overcome them.
- Leads a small team of sales enablement specialists.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in a Sales Operations role, or in a similar analytical field such as FP&A or strategic consulting, particularly if coupled with sales. Alternatively, candidates with less work experience coupled with a recent MBA or other relevant advanced degree will be considered.
- Previous direct leadership of sales team is attractive but not a substitute for analytical experience.
- Strong leadership, presentation, organization, and training skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects at various stages
- Ability to take on a leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and creative problem-solving in a real-time, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, using an analytical approach, and ability to execute on these solutions quickly.
- Superior communication skills, with ability to facilitate classroom training.
- Ability to develop training curriculum strongly desired.
- Organizational agility in managing stakeholders and facilitating cross-functional meetings.
- Advanced- level of experience building models, reports, and dashboards in Excel.
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience as well as Insidesales.com and/or Basic SQL experience a huge plus.
- Excellent communicator
- Doer not a delegator
- Ability to design and strategize as well as execute and implement
- Creative and innovative
- Results focused
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company partners with more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing, payroll and healthcare spending, making it one of the largest fuel card issuers and the second largest commercial MasterCard provider in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across North America. To learn more about Comdata, Inc., visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.