Director Strategic Sales- Merchant Services
Comdata is seeking a Director, Strategic Sales to join our Merchant Solutions sales team. The Director, Strategic Sales is responsible for finding new opportunities for Comdata and increasing revenue production within an assigned territory.
This position is a virtual opportunity covering territories in the South (TX and OK territories).
- Responsible for growing new business by selling solutions to large market commercial accounts based within the United States
- Research and understand the prospective client’s business goals, objectives and challenges
- Ability to communicate recommendations effectively to the appropriate level of leadership within a prospective company
- Active involvement throughout the implementation phase with each new customer to ensure a quick and complete realization of revenue
- Accountable for building a professional network in order to build a pipeline of business prospects
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the fueling industry, our prospective customer’s business processes, and how Comdata delivers quantifiable business value through an integrated relationship
- Must be able to communicate accurate and timely forecasts to multiple levels of management
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external resources to deliver results
- Actively participate in the preparation and execution of sales plans, events and campaigns
- Responsible and accountable for meeting required sales/revenue targets
- Must be willing to travel extensively, up to 65% of the time
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 + years of direct selling experience with a track record of hitting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience selling to or managing relationships with corporate clients preferred
- 2+ years’ experience selling POS systems to retail Merchants in the Fuel Industry
- Knowledge of Comdata SmartSight and SmartSolutions POS equipment and RFID required
- Strong business development and prospecting skills; ability to quickly and effectively acquire new clients
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Must have the ability to represent Comdata in a polished and professional manner to existing and potential clients
- Knowledge of commercial payments and services preferred
- Must have strong work ethic and self-discipline
- Extensive travel is required
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14the most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
· #309 Largest Company by Market Value
· #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
· #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
· #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
· #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.