Director of Operations, Pay For You
The Director of Operation – Payforyou Operations, Automation and Process Excellence is responsible for ensuring Payforyou Payment processing meets our client, business and vendor needs. In addition process improvement & management is required to create scalable high quality processing with and without full automation. This includes managing projects and partnering with business owners to make sure Payforyou products, systems, policies & procedures are implemented successfully within the operations business units onshore and offshore. Direct client engagement with partnership of Account Management as needed is included in this role creating improved confidence and proactive best practice enablement. Direct project leadership and ownership of process automation is part of this role as enabling high scale unattended payments is a focus.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Director of Operation - Payforyou Operations, Automation and Process Excellence will create and maintain highly effective relationships with LOB stake holders including Sales, Account Management, Product, IT, Compliance, Risk, Marketing and overall Serving organization. This position will be considered an expert in Payforyou and Unattended Payment Automation.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Payforyou and Virtual Card Payments and specialized servicing operations.
- Proactively monitor Payforyou Client needs and general satisfaction so that proactive action can be taken ensuring high quality payment processing.
- Act as single point of contact for Payforyou Payments (product, account management, marketing, analyst, leaders, etc)
- Develop and drive processing ideas designed to improve payment processing.
- Assist in the maintenance of knowledge and learning material necessary to execute high quality payment processing.
- Overseeing all Payforyou Payment key performance metrics to ensure performance.
- Assemble monthly operating metrics for partners and Sr. Leadership review monthly.
- Directly lead Digital Process Automation (PEGA) scope, design, testing and ongoing utilization. PEGA, 3rd party development team, and PEGA project team will partner to ensure success and consistency with enterprise PEGA installation.
- Directly support Account Management and Relationship Management teams delivering proactive Payforyou reviews for key clients.
- Work directly with Account Management and Relationship Management teams on customer needs including escalations and issue resolution.
- Directly lead team of 10 or more (Supervisor plus team) based in Nashville as well as co-manage offshore team with support from Vendor Management.
Position directly leads one Supervisor with a team of 10 or more associates located in Perimeter Hill. Co-manage offshore partner with support for Vendor Management team.
The Ideal Candidate
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in professional customer service/call center management is required. Must have ten plus year’s previous experience managing a call center in a comparable industry environment.
- Excellent level of personal organization with excellent oral/written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively with demonstrated leadership. Outstanding organizational and project management skills. Must understand staff retention practices and how to measure and diagnose performance (which includes objectively measuring performance, diagnose performance issues and develop improvement plans).
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills with the ability to assess associate morale and effect positive change in it, and lead and mentor associates’ professional development.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills with expert understanding of Comdata’s service level management strategies and tools, including forecasting and scheduling models.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a minimum 40-wpm keyboard skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access with proficiency in Avaya CMS, IEX or Verint (WFM tool), quality monitoring tools and methodologies and IVR systems. This position must also have a demonstrated understanding of solid call center technology and its relations to network and communication protocols.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit at workstation for a minimum of 7 hours per day, while using a computer keyboard and telephone. No lifting or other strenuous activity required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry cell phone to be on-call as needed. Travel is a requirement for this position including international locations.
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company partners with more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing, payroll and healthcare spending, making it one of the largest fuel card issuers and the second largest commercial MasterCard provider in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across North America. To learn more about Comdata, Inc., visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.