Human Resources Business Partner
Comdata, a FLEETCOR company, has an immediate need for an HR Business Partner in our Human Resources Department. In this role, you will interact as a strategic business partner with the executive management team and partner in the design, implementation, and evaluation of solutions to business problems.
The duties and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Consult with and advise managers and employees with regard to employee relation issues including investigation and problem resolution, disciplinary action and termination. Advise managers and employees concerning compensation, benefits, employee services as well as provide training in accordance with policies, procedures and practices.
- Interpret company policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations. Act as key business partner focused on establishing, maintaining and developing an environment to promote positive employee relations and successful business practices.
- Partners with management team to identify high potential talent and develops individual development plans and conducts quarterly succession planning meetings.
- Identifies retention trends and develops action plans in partnership with management team to mitigate turnover risk.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Creativity - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Ability to offer creative solutions and think outside of the box when faced with challenging situations.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Decision-Making- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in business administration, human resources, or related field.
- Three to five years of human resources experience in a management/generalist role.
- Master’s degree or PHR / SPHR certification preferred.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14the most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
· #309 Largest Company by Market Value
· #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
· #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
· #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
· #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.