IT Infrastructure Architect
Responsible for translating business IT needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems, overarching lead for initial rollout of new technology and technical advisor for supporting IT infrastructure for mission critical and secured business applications.
Nature of Contribution - Acknowledged as technical authority within Company and outside company by vendors and peers. Applies thought leadership and provides advice on multiple technologies and shapes the long-term direction of the Enterprise. Contributes through vision and has significant impact on future IT technologies and strategy.
Knowledge - Seeks new knowledge and innovative methods across disciplines. Leverages subject matter/ industry expertise, and applies in-depth knowledge of company goals to contribute to business opportunities. Internal thought-leader on IT infrastructure technologies and member of the vendor negotiation and product selection team.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Uses analytical thought and judgment to solve most complex or unique problems. Develops integrated business solutions across organizations and designs organizational standards for innovation.
Independence - Guided by organization strategy and objectives. Influences organization goals and objectives. Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies, and act as a change leader.
Contribution to IT Technology - Key contributor on Infrastructure services and/or strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization. Ensures IT services implemented are aligned with business current and expectations. Directs projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms. Develop the framework and the supporting infrastructure to build common reusable components for core infrastructure solutions.
Communication - Demonstrated proficiency to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to various levels of management, and technical and non-technical personnel. Builds external alliances and is external technical spokesperson for company for proof of concepts and product evaluations. Champions the execution of decisions based on the company's mission and values. Engages others to adopt a sense of urgency and problem resolution.
The Ideal Candidate
- 15 or more years of both hardware and software technical industry experience in areas of IT enterprise support, consulting services/technical pre-sales and engineering/development
- Demonstrate in-depth hands on understanding and practical experience of designing, installing, configuring and maintaining enterprise computer systems, SANs, networking and datacenter environments.
- Excellence in performance tuning and troubleshooting IT issues
- Implemented interfaces for the integration of software into an existing enterprise computer system environment
- Exceptional ability to solve complex computer system problems and presenting complete professional solutions to Senior IT management, business and customers.
- Adept at quickly learning new technologies and working constantly directly with vendor’s technical staff to keep updated and educated
- Dedicated to your customer satisfaction and very persistent but also flexible ensuring business goals are achieved
- Acknowledged as technical authority within your company and outside company by vendors and peers (have references)
- Directs projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms. Develop the framework and the supporting infrastructure to build common reusable components for core infrastructure solutions.
- Proficient in cost estimates and analysis of vendor presented solutions and conducting analysis of tradeoffs and incorporating any constraints
- Proven experience working with vendor solution architects to design the best solution for IT requirements
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
- Proficient in Systems, Network and Storage architecture (subsystems, interfaces, dependencies)
- Understands IT products and services backward compatibility and future evolvability.
- Mentor new engineers/architects to ensure their compliance with established developed procedures and standards.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating
- Interview all IT new hires in the infrastructure team and provide feedback for selection of candidates.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,300 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company!
In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.