QA Automation Specialist (Contract)
Cambridge is looking for a highly qualified developer who is passionate about quality assurance testing and automation. In this role you will help form and drive our overall test automation strategy, and you will be working alongside sharp, like-minded personnel. This is a 12-18 month contract with opportunity to go permanent.
As a QA Automation Specialist, you will play a pivotal role on our Scrum teams by identifying design issues, promoting and improving testability, creating and automating test cases, and identifying and reporting defects.
This role is 40% manual, 60% automation.
- Install and set up tools , environments
- Create Test Automation Framework using Selenium Webdriver and C#;
- Design, develop and deliver automated functional and integration test cases;
- Run tests against different browsers , operating systems and machines at the same time;
- Analyze logs, recommend improvements and compile reports based on findings;
- Produce and manage testing documentation, test design, test plans and test cases;
- Execute functional , UI , Integration , Regression, UAT testing;
- Work with the Scrum team to deliver working, tested software in each sprint;
- Demonstrate technical leadership and act as a mentor for the other test team members;
- Act as a tireless promoter for test excellence and test automation.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience automating tests in such areas as unit, functional, integration, user interface, performance and scalability testing;
- Solid experience with automated testing frameworks and tools (eg. Selenium 2 , Selenium 3, Selenium Grid , SoapUI, Browser Stack, QuickTest Professional, Rational Functional Tester, SilkTest, Visual Studio Test Professional , Eclipse , TestNG , Maven , JUnit);
- Experience in writing SQL queries and scripts;
- Experience in working in an agile software development team using scrum;
- Experience in Subversion, GIT, Jenkins along with Continuous Integration best practices;
- Experience with Automated testing of SOAP and REST API's;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience testing Software as a Service (SaaS) based products and payments industry knowledge is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills;
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize work with a focus on deadlines and deliverables;
- Good team player with ability to solve complex tasks and recognize and escalate risks without supervision;
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity, responsibility, and influence (from previous positions);
- Passionate about learning, researching new tools and technologies.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.