Accounting Research Specialist- Settlement
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Compile, research and reconcile daily out of balance reports (APDP).
- Propose any necessary adjustments to customer accounts receivable balances.
- Research and determine if recurring out of balances are due to system or customer setup issues.
- Own and monitor a department email mailbox of account transfer requests and resolve in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with business units to resolve out of balances.
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are followed. Assists in the revision of policy and procedures as needed or as the result of internal or external audits dictate.
*Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other miscellaneous settlement research projects.
Assist Manager of Settlement Accounting as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
Knowledge of card processing, research, owning issues through resolution, collaboration within the business
Licenses, Certifications, Skills:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
Knowledge of BI reporting, GEAC or similar Accounts Receivable system, Lawson, Beta93 or similar reporting tool, AS400. In depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
Combination of education and/or experience will be considered for the requirements listed above.
The Ideal Candidate
Research and resolution skills.
Able to prioritize work and to know when necessary to escalate concerns to management.
Excellent level of personal organization. Must be highly detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively.
Strong capabilities to utilize Excel and/or Access to manage large data sets.
Excellent verbal and written communication is required; as well as the ability to communicate across the company and to external customers.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to make decisions using sound and accurate judgment.
Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment while effectively managing multiple projects. Superior telephone etiquette and customer service skills are required, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve issues.
Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
Ability to work independently to achieve deadlines and assure accuracy of own work.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
About the company:
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.