Accounting Research Specialist- Settlement
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Compile, research and reconcile daily out of balance reports (APDP).
- Propose any necessary adjustments to customer accounts receivable balances.
- Research and determine if recurring out of balances are due to system or customer setup issues.
- Own and monitor a department email mailbox of account transfer requests and resolve in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with business units to resolve out of balances.
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are followed. Assists in the revision of policy and procedures as needed or as the result of internal or external audits dictate.
*Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other miscellaneous settlement research projects.
Assist Manager of Settlement Accounting as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
Knowledge of card processing, research, owning issues through resolution, collaboration within the business
Licenses, Certifications, Skills:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
Knowledge of BI reporting, GEAC or similar Accounts Receivable system, Lawson, Beta93 or similar reporting tool, AS400. In depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
Combination of education and/or experience will be considered for the requirements listed above.
The Ideal Candidate
Research and resolution skills.
Able to prioritize work and to know when necessary to escalate concerns to management.
Excellent level of personal organization. Must be highly detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively.
Strong capabilities to utilize Excel and/or Access to manage large data sets.
Excellent verbal and written communication is required; as well as the ability to communicate across the company and to external customers.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to make decisions using sound and accurate judgment.
Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment while effectively managing multiple projects. Superior telephone etiquette and customer service skills are required, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve issues.
Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
Ability to work independently to achieve deadlines and assure accuracy of own work.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14the most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
· #309 Largest Company by Market Value
· #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
· #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
· #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
· #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer