Senior Accounting Manager
This key role is responsible for managing the general accounting functions including, but not limited to, cash, prepaids, fixed assets, inventory, intangibles, intercompany, accrued expenses, deferrals, payroll and related fringe benefits, taxes, equity, cost of sales and operating expenses. Position will ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual financial results are accurate, timely, and complete. Key liaison with the business to explain financial results to FleetCor corporate and auditors
- Manage the monthly closing process for specifically assigned areas of responsibility including reviewing the general ledger activity for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare or review detailed monthly variance analyses to verify the integrity of monthly financial results. Assigned areas of responsibility will span multiple lines of business /departments.
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, develop complex models to support journal entries, create ad hoc financial analyses and draft accounting memos and position papers as necessary. Present recommendations and proposals to accounting leadership.
- Assist in maintaining detailed internal control documentation that supports both preparation of original work and review of subordinate work in accordance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the standards established by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Mentor, train, and develop the team of professional and clerical team members.
- Collaborate with business units to address variances in financial results.
- Define and implement continuous improvement of financial and operational processes in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of reported financial results. Identify and implement self-audit programs, where applicable, to drive quality and reporting improvements.
- Develop, test, and implement new systems, procedures and controls as needed. Define processes and provide operational support in order to ensure standard procedures are documented and followed.
Analyze financial data, reports trends, and identify root causes of issues. Partner with business owners to develop and communicate recommendations for improvement actions.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications (List minimum work experience, educational background, professional licenses, certifications and skills required to perform the job):
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
Advanced accounting degree
2-10 years of combined audit and general accounting experience required
Prior management/ supervisory experience in a fast paced business environment
Licenses, Certifications, Skills:
Technically proficient in GAAP accounting practices and be able to communicate them to company leadership
Strong analytical skills
Demonstrated ability to process, manipulate, and analyze data using Microsoft Excel
In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation (active license)
Familiarity with SEC rules and regulations
Combination of education and/or experience will be considered for the requirements listed above.
Skills (List skills required/preferred for the role):
Enhanced mathematical, data analytic and reasoning skills.
Able to prioritize work and to know when necessary to escalate concerns to management.
Excellent level of personal organization. Must be highly detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively.
Strong capabilities to utilize Excel to ultimately manage large data sets.
Excellent verbal and written communication is required; as well as the ability to communicate across the company and to external customers.
Proven experience with analyzing numeric data, and the ability to determine the connection and validation of the data to measurement criteria.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to make decisions using sound and accurate judgment.
Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment while effectively managing multiple projects. Superior telephone etiquette and customer service skills are required, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve issues.
Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
Ability to work independently to achieve deadlines and assure accuracy of own work.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH-ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month, following your hire date - no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you've been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Wellness events
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted on-site car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discount at major wireless providers and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14the most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
· #309 Largest Company by Market Value
· #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
· #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
· #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
· #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.