Technical Solutions Consultant - Merchant Services
We are looking for a Technical Solution Consultant (TSC) to focus on the delivery of Point of Sale platforms targeted towards the C-Store, Convenience and Petroleum Markets in the US and Canada. The TSC role combines duties of both a Sales Engineer and a Product Manager with concentration on delivery of Payment Applications and Point of Sale platforms to support the larger C-Store and Petro market channels currently served by Comdata’s Merchant Services.
- Understand, demonstrate and communicate Comdata’s general product portfolio, product performance and provide feedback to customers on competitive offerings
- Focus our current Diesel Fleet centric SmartSolutions POS platform to meet the broader requirements of the larger general Convenience Retail market including offerings with Petroleum and without.
- In partnership with the Product and Sales Teams, the TSC will help identify and convert sales opportunities in new accounts into closed business
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Analyze market trends and interpret product opportunities to identify a product’s future needs, scope, and issues/solutions
- Build the vision, business case and product planning docs required to define and drive initiatives forward with clarity and consensus
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree required (Advanced degree a plus)
- 5 year’s prior experience in product management, portfolio planning and agile process management (experience with SaaS, mobile applications or other high-touch customer experiences technologies is a plus)
- Deep background and understanding of the current C-Store and Petroleum Point of Sale systems on the market today with proven deployment experience
- Excellent oral/written communication skills (ability to speak with executives, internal personal and vendors – IT is a must)
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively
- Excellent skills in the use of the Microsoft Office package
- Approximately 25% travel is required for this position (travel notifications can and will be sporadic and without extended prior notifications)
- Preferred deep understanding of a Merchant POS location and its need for a Secure and Managed Network as part of their overall strategy to comply with PCI Data Security Standard 3.2
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company partners with more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing, payroll and healthcare spending, making it one of the largest fuel card issuers and the second largest commercial MasterCard provider in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across North America. To learn more about Comdata, Inc., visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.