Telecom Administrator / Engineer
The Telecom Administrator / engineer role is to maintain the telecom environment for the overall logical and technical Telecom architecture; this individual will also provide technical daily phone system administration and operations across the organization, from project planning and implementation to tactical decision making. The telecom admin / engineer will also be involved in critical Telecom operational issues.
- Provide technical support to the telecom infrastructure engineering and telecom infrastructure operations groups.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing Telecom architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio. Work with the IT portfolio management to map infrastructure components to business services.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in telecom infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop business relationships to understand the value of the telecom infrastructure to the business.
- Maintain a secure and stable environment through secure administration processes and procedures, and implementation of systems to control the telecom infrastructure landscape.
- 10% Travel required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years prior job-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and maintain telecom standards and best practices
- Experience in telecom administration and integrating with production systems required.
- Experience creating and adhering to Service/Operating Level Agreements, systems procedural documentation and design.
- Prior experience working in a medium to large environment (10 or more sites and/or 2000+ users)
- Prior multi-Vendor PBX platform consolidation required.
- Avaya and/or Cisco Certifications a plus.
- Experience in deploying call center telephony solutions including screen pop, automatic dialing, advanced call routing, agent state control, quality monitoring, etc.
- Experience working in a medium to large environment (10+ sites and/or 2000+ users)
- Prior multi-vendor PBX platform consolidation experience preferred.
- FLEETCOR is currently moving from Cisco phones to Avaya phones. Experience with either should be fine.
- Should have extensive experience with Moves, Adds, Changes of phones (MACs) and experience setting up new users on the PBX.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,300 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company!
In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.