Vice President Sales, North American Trucking
Comdata, a FLEETCOR company, is actively seeking a leader for its North American Strategic Sales function. We are searching for a candidate who can develop the strategy and drive the execution to take this program to the next level.
The Vice President – Sales will have accountability for maintaining and growing revenue by selling payment solutions within our North American Enterprise Fleet space. The VP will need to secure new business opportunities and develop the team to strategically manage their pipeline of business as well in order to meet the company’s sales goals.
Drive new revenue opportunities through strategic pipeline management and solid sales skills, thus achieving the company’s sales goals.
Create a culture of success among the team, providing coaching and training to improve their selling skills, strategic thinking, pipeline management, as well as their passion for the “win.”
Devise new and innovative sales strategies to “go to market” and win accounts. Create turn-around strategy for struggling geographical territories.
Create 'what-if scenarios' that link to strategy, e.g. new entrants and competitors or evolving industry economics.
Provide strategic insight to leaders by analyzing, integrating and reporting on implications of published and unpublished information about competitors and forces that affect Comdata position in the marketplace.
Manage customer expectations and act as a point of escalation when needed.
Define sales procedures/processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelor’s degree required
Ten (10) years of B2B Sales experience with at least three (3) to five (5) years in a Sales Leadership role, managing teams of at least 10 direct reports.
Superior analytic expertise; talent as a strategic thinker with high-level understanding of industry trends and market analysis; ability to translate information into succinct, actionable, and strategic recommendations.
Strong relationship-management skills, including an ability to build rapport with team members and among other business units.
Highly passionate and competitive with a proven track record of driving results
Strong business acumen and superior problem solving skills
Creative (out of the box) thinker who will challenge the status quo and come up with new and
Transportation/Logistics industry experience preferred
Travel required (50%+)
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of specialized workforce payment products and services including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR has been recognized as the 14th most innovative company by Forbes Magazine. Founded in 2000, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.28 billion in revenue and employs more than 7,300 valued associates worldwide.
You might consider us as an Employer of Choice because:
- We’ve experienced double-digit growth year over year for the last several years running.
- A high growth company like ours, with business in 53 operating countries, presents numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- We have a very aggressive growth plan, focusing on three distinct paths: more customers, more spend, and more geographies. This growth could come in the form of organic growth or from additional acquisition activity.
- We are targeting the top 20 countries, which represent over 80% of the global GDP. Today, approximately 90% of FLEETCOR's revenue is only in 3 countries...leaving significant potential to expand to other countries.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer