This key role is responsible for managing the general accounting functions including, but not limited to, cash, prepaids, fixed assets, inventory, intangibles, intercompany, accrued expenses, deferrals, payroll and related fringe benefits, taxes, equity, cost of sales and operating expenses. Position will ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual financial results are accurate, timely, and complete. Key liaison with the business to explain financial results to FleetCor corporate and auditors.
- Manage the monthly closing process for specifically assigned areas of responsibility including reviewing the general ledger activity for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare or review detailed monthly variance analyses to verify the integrity of monthly financial results. Assigned areas of responsibility will span multiple lines of business /departments.
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, develop complex models to support journal entries, create ad hoc financial analyses and draft accounting memos and position papers as necessary. Present recommendations and proposals to accounting leadership.
- Assist in maintaining detailed internal control documentation that supports both preparation of original work and review of subordinate work in accordance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the standards established by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Mentor, train, and develop the team of professional and clerical team members.
- Collaborate with business units to address variances in financial results.
- Define and implement continuous improvement of financial and operational processes in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of reported financial results. Identify and implement self-audit programs, where applicable, to drive quality and reporting improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Develop, test, and implement new systems, procedures and controls as needed. Define processes and provide operational support in order to ensure standard procedures are documented and followed.
- Analyze financial data, report trends, and identify root causes of issues. Partner with business owners to develop and communicate recommendations for improvement actions.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.