Application Support Developer
- Analyze and troubleshoot production systems and applications across a broad spectrum of technologies
- Primary focus in Oracle PL/SQL based applications and adjoining systems including web/mobile applications and services
- Assist with monitoring and responding to reported product issues from internal and external sources
- Analyze complex application, system and infrastructure issues
- Collaborate with numerous business and IT entities to resolve production issues (network, windows, unix, production control, development, application support, users, quality assurance, and LOB/IT management)
- Modify application to mitigate defects and proactively reduce system exposure to future incidents
- Participate in system testing and validation of production changes
- Extensive modification to Oracle applications utilizing SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms
- Familiarize on all production changes being made to the environment and actively offer constructive means to reduce potential impacts from change
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Core competency includes hands-on application support or design/development in an Oracle database environment using SQL/PLSQL along with Unix shell scripting
- Proficiency with writing fault-tolerant Oracle PL/SQL along with database architecture, including procedures, packages, triggers and supporting structures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to imagine multiple “out of the box” solutions to a problem
- Ability to adapt quickly to the current business challenges and technologies
- Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise tools including sFTP, SSL/SSH, networking concepts/components, security protocols, Citrix
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Successful candidates in these roles often have an innate curiosity, along with desire to satisfy the user community
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Working knowledge of web/mobile technologies
- Experience with enterprise performance monitoring tools in the tradition of AppDynamics or Dynatrace
- Knowledge of MySQL databases and its procedural language
- Experience developing or supporting highly complex database driven transaction processing applications
- Coldfusion/CFML web applications and PHP built web portals
- Oracle E*Business Suite familiarity
B: Schedule, and Expectations
This position will serve as a level II support engineer and will be required to work outside normal business hours in response to production outages & impacts. The candidates goal is to eliminate those occurrences by identifying and closing vulnerabilities before they become a production incident
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FLT) is a global leader in business payments. We simplify the way businesses manage and pay their expenses. Our portfolio of brands helps companies automate, secure, digitize and control payments to, or on behalf of, their suppliers and employees. Our payment solutions cover four primary expense categories: Payables, Tolls, Fuel, and Lodging. We serve businesses, merchants and partners in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.6 billion in revenue. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution, and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives, which allows each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.