Business Development Associate
Cambridge Global Payments is looking for a motivated Business Development Associate to join their thriving sales team and focus on generating new business in the FinTech market. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate sales environment where you will be exposed to the competitive and coveted financial technology sector.
Remuneration includes a competitive base of 45k, plus a commission structure with opportunities to earn 60-65k OTE within year 1. Cambridge offers a strong culture of promote-from-within into Account Executive and Account Management roles within 18-24 months.
- Drive to achieve monthly targets by identifying and qualifying prospects
- Set appointments with a prospect to conduct either a phone discussion or a face to face meeting with an experienced Cambridge National Account Manager
- Follow along the sales process to gain the knowledge and skills required to advance your career
- Continually market those prospects who are not ready to move to Cambridge by making periodic calls, sending timely market updates and marketing materials
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Source and generate leads for potential new business
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 months to 2 years of cold calling experience; any experience in high volume sales calls (60+ a day) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the financial markets will be a plus, along with payment process understanding (training will be given)
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce.com) preferred
- Demonstrated level of sales confidence during the interview process
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Tenacity, resilience and a positive outlook
- Confidence to liaise with Directors, and C-Level Executives of large corporations
- Ability to work in a metrics reporting environment
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a fun, vibrant culture
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.