Desktop Services Team Lead
We offer complete on the job training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee, and many growth opportunities in our Toronto headquarters, just steps away from the CN Tower and GO Station.
As the Desktop Support Team Lead, you are responsible for leading a team of Desktop Support Engineers in providing a superior customer experience. This is a high-visibility role handling time sensitive situations where customer success is the ultimate goal. You will manage work load, schedules, team development and assume a leadership role in customer advocacy and escalated situations. As part of the support leadership team, you will be part of developing and implementing support strategies to maintain the operational excellence and help drive the organization to the next level.
Desktop Support Team Lead Job Duties:
- Orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching members of the Desktop support team
- Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times by actively monitoring support emails/cases and ensuring all tickets are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team including Business Leaders, Engineering, Server Support, Product Management, Professional Services, and Sales
- Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences
- Developing training plans to further advance the team’s technical depth in product and the security space
- Promote a customer-centric Desktop Support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensures that every customer contact is positive, effective and low effort
- Mentor staff to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service-oriented manner
- Ensure all desktops are patched and maintained in a timely fashion. Responsible for implementing desktop security and ensuring software compliance (including mobile devices)
The Ideal Candidate
Desktop Support Team Lead Background and Experience:
- Five to ten years of experience in Desktop Support
- Experience leading individuals (on premises and remote) in a 24x7 environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on calm interactions under pressure
- High level of experience with IBM BigFix or Microsoft SCCM for software distribution and patch management
- Maintain image software for desktop operating system and required applications using Dell Kace
- High level of experience supporting GoTo Meeting and Skype for Business
- Ability to think in a strategic manner with the ability to deliver tactically
- Maintain inventory of replacement systems and licensed software
- Provide application support services to clientele (Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016, Windows 7/10).
- Maintain network connectivity for desktop systems (support from desktop NIC to switch)
- Provide telephony support for clients (moves, adds, changes on Avaya VoIP)
- Ensure all desktops are patched and maintained in a timely fashion. Responsible for implementing desktops security and ensuring software compliance.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a fun, vibrant culture
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Cambridge is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation in order to fully participate in the recruitment process, please advise.