The Enterprise Architect is instrumental in Fleetcor's vision and strategy. Extensive architecture experience, clear communication, and solid technical skills are a must as this role involves establishing, influencing, growing, and maturing enterprise architecture for the entire company.
As an Enterprise Architect, you'll also help shape our culture as we grow our team by mentoring teammates and continuously helping to improve our practices and processes with a focus on secure, smart work.
You are expected to lead change, innovate, and challenge the status quo.
- Always make security the top priority
- Automate what should be automated
- Define and maintain architecture standards and principles for the enterprise
- Provide thought leadership by challenging current way of operating to deliver best in class approaches
- Define and sustain an environment in which personnel can maximize their potential
- Define tools and technology to support architecture strategy and standards adherence
- Partner with the Fleetcor’s leadership team in enabling overall IT initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of KPI’s that affect each line of business
- Define and document processes and analyses
- Encourage early adoption of tools and architecture across the organization
- Encourage sunsetting of ineffective tools and architecture across the organization
- Effectively influence, negotiate and lead technology evaluations
- Comfortably and credibly present to senior management
- Articulate the value proposition of getting solutions built using sound architecture principles
The Ideal Candidate
- 10+ years’ experience in enterprise software system architecture
- 5+ years’ public cloud experience
- 5+ years’ managing technology vendors and service providers
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong organizational awareness
- Advanced knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
- Experience working across verticals within and outside the organization
- Adept at mastering new technology, processes and software applications
- Dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction, persistent about achieving project goals
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating
- Own key relationships both up and downstream of the platform teams to ensure delivery
- Evaluating applications for compliance with both enterprise and business standards
- Experience with designing and implementing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Advanced knowledge of cloud architecture patterns and strategies including SaaS, PaaS, Security, Compute, Storage, and Messaging
- Expertise in a compiled language such as Go, Rust, Java, C#
- Proven ability to work in a global, multicultural environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS and HA configuration
- Experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Financial Service or Bank experience
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.