IT Project Manager
Responsible for managing software development projects of varying sizes from inception through implementation. Interacts with stakeholders, understands business needs and works with various IT teams to build and implement software solutions. Acquires knowledge of existing software systems, documents system enhancement needs and creates actionable tasks. Plans and estimates projects, facilitates discussions, encourages collaboration, resolves roadblocks, keeps projects on track. Removes bottlenecks and improves productivity through efficient processes and practices. Provides servant leadership helping and facilitating multiple Scrum teams. Organizes and leads Scrum ceremonies as Scrum Master. Creates periodic reports, team/project metrics and enables retrospectives.
Nature of Contribution
Acknowledged as project delivery point of contact within Fleetcor IT and Business. Continuously drives large and small concurrent projects, proactively identifies and removes roadblocks, enables collaboration within and across IT and Business verticals. Documents project requirements, facilitates engineering solutions through technical discussions. Maintains project tasks, effort estimates, target delivery dates, burn downs and status trackers.
Project and Process Management
Uses Agile methodology to effectively lead Scrum teams. Uses technical background and knowledge to proactively identify and resolve silos and bottlenecks within software development life cycle. Continuously seeks process improvement across disciplines.
Serves as collaborator and coordinator across teams and disciplines. Documents project goals and objectives. Reaches out to stakeholders, documents information and enables smooth functioning of Scrum teams. Demonstrated proficiency to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to various levels of business users, management and technical/non-technical personnel. Champions the execution of project decisions and engages others to enable us to develop and deploy software solutions with speed.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 or more years of project management experience in development & deployment of enterprise software systems
- 2 or more years of experience leading multiple Scrum teams as a servant leader
- Hands-on, practical experience in developing and configuring software applications
- Hands-on, practical experience in gathering and documenting software development project requirements
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage multiple, concurrent projects of varying size
- Experience working across verticals within and outside the organization
- Ability to prepare and present project status and periodic reports to IT management, business and customers
- Adept at quickly learning new processes and software applications
- Familiarity with VersionOne, GitLab, VSTS, ServiceNow
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction and persistent about ensuring project goals are achieved
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.