With direction from senior and executive leadership, the Director of Implementations manages and oversees a team of Implementation Project Managers, providing overall coordination and management to program and/or product implementations and solutions for specific product lines within the Comdata’s Corporate Payments portfolio. This position also collaborates with the sales division to ensure the provision of effective presentation and implementation sales support as well as timely and well-executed project launch plans. This position may assist in leading projects for large and/or key clients to ensure that all scope, quality, and scheduling targets and requirements are met. May be involved in pre-sales product demonstrations or provide assistance in scoping projects or developing proposals. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that internal projects/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Manage and triage the queue of Comdata project staffing requests for existing and potential (pipeline) client projects.
- Assess and develop onboarding needs for Implementation Project Managers and occasionally sales team.
- Ability to travel to customer for onsite meetings when necessary
- Maintains full accountability for the administrative matters concerning the team including preparing setting team goals as aligned with targets/goals established by the division’s leadership team, developing and managing procedures, policies or methodologies for effective sales support, project management, and cost containment, and monitoring, assessing, and controlling the team’s operational performance.
- Provides expertise and project and technical advice to Implementation Project Managers based on experience and specialized knowledge respective to a particular operational function. Assists Implementation Project Managers with their approach to projects, analysis and technical issues. Provides support for escalated technical, operational or customer issues, including but not limited to further research of the issue, evaluation of several courses of conduct and follow-up with respective parties to provide effectual resolution within the appropriate scope of authority.
- Continuous process improvement, with an eye towards consistent and effective team development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 9+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- 7+ year of experience with implementations, client support, or customer-interfacing
- 7+ year of experience with implementation project management
- Accounting knowledge is strongly preferred
- Proven track record in continuous process improvement.
- Expense Management knowledge (Concur, Expense Watch, iExpense, SDG2, etc) preferred
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, solid analytical skills and attention to details; and excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrates ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate our product offerings and functionality
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues; ability to analyze customer processes and provide creative solutions for implementation
- Familiarity with project management software, tools and techniques
- Ability to make suggestions for process improvements to address project quality, cost reduction, cycle time and/or productivity
Why should you work with us?
- Growth: We have experienced double-digit growth year over year for the past several years. Growth translates into opportunity!
- We have been nominated as the 14th most innovative company in the United States by Forbes magazine... Innovation means new products to sell and new strategies for going to market!
- Forty-eight years of serving our customers - and changing the way that companies look at payment solutions in this digital age.
Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first 30 days on the job: no more waiting until you have been with the company for 1 year!
Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
Robust PTO Policy including:major holidays, vacation, sick days and personal days!
Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company (NYSE:FLT), is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company supports more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing and payroll spending. Globally, Comdata is Mastercard’s largest issuer of virtual credit cards for corporate purchasing. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across the U.S. and Canada. To learn more about Comdata, visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,300 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company!
In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.