Instructional Designer & Development Specialist
The Sales Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for driving the education of Comdata Corporate Payments personnel. This person will work with business leaders to identify key learning opportunities, and will also proactively identify gaps in sales knowledge. They will then develop and deliver the curricula needed to develop the sales force. The success is measured by the ramp time for sales reps (new hires, new products, new campaigns, etc.), overall sales team productivity, and the satisfaction of sales reps and leaders.
This role is multi-faceted, requiring the successful Trainer to operate along multiple dimensions, including:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders (Needs analysis, Design Documents, Facilitator Guides etc.)
- Develop Web based training modules
- Educate other training members on Instructional Design and Web Based Training
- Conduct of new hire training, ongoing training throughout the employee’s tenure, and special learning events (annual sales kickoff, etc.)
- Conduct of training across topical areas, including but not limited to product, systems, and selling skills training
- Activities ranging from curriculum and content development to training delivery
- Involvement in training ranging from personal delivery of instructor-led training to coordination of SMEs and business leaders delivering their own training content
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years experience in a sales training preferred. Candidates with a training background who also have sales management or direct selling experience will be viewed favorably
- A similar level of experience as a sales manager or top performing sales person – with demonstrated aptitude for training – will also be considered. Candidates with a sales background who also have deep understanding of Comdata’s products and served markets will be viewed favorably
- Strong presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to facilitate training in a classroom environment
- Strong written communication skills with a particular focus on the creation of learning materials – including but not limited to slides for instructor-led training, handouts, job aids and reference materials
- Strong project management skills, with proven success in managing complicated, multi-day events such as new hire training classes
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders – understanding requirements, securing buy-in, maintaining awareness, etc.
- Exposure to sales technologies such as saleforce.com and insidesales.com a plus
- Exposure to content creation tools such as Captivate a plus, as is exposure to a Learning Management System
Why should you work with us?
- Growth: We have experienced double-digit growth year over year for the past several years. Growth translates into opportunity!
- We have been nominated as the 14th most innovative company in the United States by Forbes magazine... Innovation means new products to sell and new strategies for going to market!
- Forty-eight years of serving our customers - and changing the way that companies look at payment solutions in this digital age.
Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first 30 days on the job: no more waiting until you have been with the company for 1 year!
Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
Robust PTO Policy including:major holidays, vacation, sick days and personal days!
Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company (NYSE:FLT), is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company supports more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing and payroll spending. Globally, Comdata is Mastercard’s largest issuer of virtual credit cards for corporate purchasing. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across the U.S. and Canada. To learn more about Comdata, visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue thru brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,300 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company!
In 2017 FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering, additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.