Junior Software Engineer
For you, this would suit a developer who can bring creative thinking to an already collaborative agile environment that also enjoys facing challenges.
This role will allow you to work with a fantastic team with capacity to learn and improve (with welcome self direction)
You will be working for a key software provider to the leasing/automotive industry with wider exposure to a global payments parent company.
Location is CV7 7LL.
Technology you'll be working with
- Back end .NET (C#, ASP.NET and MVC), REST/SOAP services delivered by WebAPI
- Web front end - JQuery, Bootstrap and CSS
- SQL Server
- Source control – TFS, Azure DevOps or Git
- Dapper, Log4Net, AutoFac, MSTest, Octopus Deploy, Visual Cron
What you'll be doing
- Working in a collaborative, open and agile environment with technical and non-technical team members.
- Helping solve real business and customer problems as part of a team using creative problem solving and great engineering.
- Writing testable, clean and maintainable code to meet customer requirements.
- Improving your skills, learning new technologies across the entire stack and getting exposure to the wider technical environment (e.g. Machine Learning, DevOps, architecture).
- Contributing to team improvement through discussions, pair programming and code reviews to drive continual improvement, deliver new projects and reduce technical debt
- Currently running a Machine Learning PoC - use cases for two core products.
- Evaluating Cloud Services (Azure and AWS) for elements of our architecture.
- API strategy in execution across three core products – via Micro Service Orchestration. Evaluating IBM API Connect.
- NuGet’ifying many internal libraries and pushing a feature and more componentised driven approach.
- Reviewing React and Angular and UI separation as a whole to improve component isolation and adaptability.
- A great attitude to facing challenges and working with a fantastic team
- Bring creative thinking along with a dash of pragmatism – we don’t reinvent wheels
- The ability to prioritise and manage time in both an individual and team context.
What we can offer
- Competitive package including work from home, free parking at the office, pension, private medical insurance, 25 days' basic holiday and a number of flexible benefits.
- Free parking
About the company
Epyx Ltd is a FLEETCOR company and specialises in creating technology solutions for the automotive sector.
With coonsistent double-digit growth (expected to continue into future), there is a big focus on expansion into international markets with 6/10 already completed.
Well on the journey to fostering an open, transparent, conducive, agile environment for product development – a key priority for management which will continue to evolve and improve through Continuous Improvement.
All offers of employment made by FLEETCOR (and its subsidiary companies) are subject to the successful completion of satisfactory pre-employment vetting by a third party supplier (Experian). This is in accordance with FLEETCOR's Resourcing Policy and include employment referencing, identity, adverse financial, criminal and sanctions list checks. We do this to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
FLEETCOR is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture among our employees. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. We seek to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunities
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: FLEETCOR will not accept unsolicited CV's from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any FLEETCOR employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of FLEETCOR. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.