Manual QA Analyst
This is a fixed term contract position with an annual salary
Cambridge is looking for a qualified QA Analyst (manual testing primarily) who is passionate about quality assurance testing. The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to Work closely with Development and PM teams to maintain a top level of quality in software systems.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects.
- Pivotal part of Scrum Team, responsible for reviewing/clarifying requirements, propose Acceptance Criteria.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Create QA test artifacts (Test Strategy, Test Matrix, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Results).
- Execute manual and automated test cases (functional, UI, API , Integration, Regression, UAT testing).
- Install and set up tools, environments.
- Investigate issues (found during test efforts or reported from production), log them into Jira and escalate.
- Analyze logs, recommend improvements and compile reports based on findings.
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience manual tests in such areas as unit, functional, integration, user interface, performance and scalability testing;
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and tools (eg. Selenium 2, Selenium 3, Selenium Grid, SoapUI, Browser Stack, QuickTest Professional, Rational Functional Tester, SilkTest, Visual Studio Test Professional, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, JUnit);
- Experience in writing SQL queries and scripts;
- Experience in working in an agile software development team using scrum;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience in testing payments industry is a strong plus.
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills;
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize work with a focus on deadlines and deliverables;
- Good team player with ability to solve complex tasks and recognize and escalate risks without supervision;
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity, responsibility, and influence (from previous positions);
- Passionate about learning, researching new tools and technologies.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.\
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for over 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.