The Negotiator is primarily responsible for researching hotel options, negotiating, and booking 21+ night reservations. The position is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with hotel contacts while communicating effectively with those contacts. The Negotiator makes decisions while meeting the client’s needs based on client guidelines. The Negotiator is results driven, securing the lowest possible rates and easily overcoming obstacles.
- Manage reservation requests 30+ nights to fulfill customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize decision making skills to find hotel options which fit client guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with clients and hotels via phone and email to ensure consistency with CLS policies.
- Be proficient and consistent in providing a high-quality reservations and options to clients.
- Complete negotiations on all requests 30+ nights based on the policies and procedures.
- Perform more complex negotiations, including reduced income, limited buying power, and limited availability scenarios with outcomes of greater than 25% to the client.
- Identify trends and opportunities for client savings and potential market consolidation.
- Secure rates, discounts, and RFPs with current and new hotel partners.
- Exhibit and utilize knowledge of hotel industry and regional markets associated with clients.
- Reserve rooms that are consistent with the client guidelines in relationship to per diem, amenities, mileage parameters, authorized requestor parameters, hotel preferences, etc.
- Identify and resolve client and hotel issues on a daily basis.
- Resolve all client and hotel calls regarding extensions, early departures or changes to a reservation.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all client deadlines.
- Consistently provide an unexpected level of service where even unspoken needs are met for our clients and guests.
- Consulting with clients to choose the option that best fits the client’s needs.
- Collaborate with account management teams and Long-Term Solutions to ensure network consolidation for our clients.
- Effectively communicate with clients and hotels via phone and email to ensure consistency with CLC policies.
- Attend all scheduled trainings, meetings, or other events as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for all other duties assigned as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- College degree or 1-3 years previous related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate successfully with short notice and firm deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve at a high level through critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and deliver superior service with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and navigating the internet.
- Excellent personal interaction, communication and phone skills along with a high degree of initiative, personal responsibility, ownership, and commitment to providing the highest level of customer service.
- Be available for on-call rotations which may fall outside of regular scheduled shifts.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of specialized workforce payment products and services including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR has been recognized as the 14th most innovative company by Forbes Magazine. Founded in 2000, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.28 billion in revenue and employs more than 7,000 valued associates worldwide.
CLC Lodging is a division of FLEETCOR, the global fleet card company.
CLC has more than 40 years' experience as a leading provider of lodging management programs for businesses that serve thousands of clients in North America. CLC's clients purchase more than 14 million room nights annually across CLC's propriety network of thousands of hotels.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.