Comdata (a FLEETCOR company) is looking for an Operations Specialist (OS). This person will be part of the Fuel Tax Department, and is responsible for entering and processing client data used to prepare IFTA and Mileage Tax filings for Motor Carriers. The Operations Specialist works directly with Customer Relations Specialist (CRS) to provide day to day support, information for problem resolution, and research for our customers.
- Proactive, professional, customer focused management of data entry, processing and reports
- Assist CRS in providing resourceful solutions for client requests and issues
- Monitor and manage production activity to ensure data integrity
- Analyze data in conjunction with CRS
- Accurately prepare client reports and ensure timely completion per the established calendar
- Support CRS to provide ad hoc reports information upon client request
- Maintain historical records per policy
- Archive completed tax files
- Provide month end administrative support
- Data entry / processing
- As assigned by team lead based on capacity of each OS and data available to work each day
- Data entry consists of in-house keying of DTRs/logs/receipts, including fuel files and data sweeps and integrations
- Once data is entered for a client, work that data
- Gap fill if appropriate
- Look at ODO for continuity
- Check for duplicate entries – pings, fuel, etc.
- Run preliminary reports as needed by each client; put in folder for CRS
- Other operational support duties as assigned
- Clean up files
- Prepare for next month
- Training / Admin / Other
- Receive continuing education on policies and procedures
- Receive coaching/training/continuing education as available or deemed necessary by manager
- For example: may include instruction to enhance computer skills, education on IFTA/IRP guidelines and practices, review of phone scripts as needed
- Coordinate with CRS to provide other reports or information as needed/requested by client
- Assist Audit Support staff with client information/background in the event of an audit
The Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Excellent basic math and data entry skills required
- Analytical and data analysis skills as an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, and Outlook) required
- 1+ years’ experience working with/preparing taxes is an asset
Preferred Skills Operations Specialist
- Strong analytical skills (reporting, spreadsheet creation and manipulation)
- Strong attention to detail
- Service oriented mentality
- Strong communication - both written and verbal
- Reliable team member
- Action oriented mentality
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Comdata Inc., a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of innovative payment and operating technology that drives actionable insights from spending data, builds enhanced controls and positively impacts its clients’ bottom lines. The company partners with more than 30,000 businesses to better manage $55B in annual fleet, corporate purchasing, payroll and healthcare spending, making it one of the largest fuel card issuers and the second largest commercial MasterCard provider in the United States and Canada. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, Comdata employs more than 1,300 professionals across North America. To learn more about Comdata, Inc., visit www.comdata.com.
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.