Payment Application Specialist I
This position is responsible for handling all aspects of customer payments in order to ensure accurate and timely posting and application to their respective accounts.
- Post customer payments to their respective accounts
- Batch payments for the cash application process
- Apply and reconcile payments by utilizing supporting detail based on established guidelines
- Proactively match invoices to payments received in an effort to minimize the aging of receivables
- Identify payments that are delayed, incorrectly posted or applied and ensure necessary corrections are made
- Maintain and monitor the daily log of receipts and unapplied payments
- Achieve daily and monthly productivity expectations related to payments
- Monitor mailboxes and process requests in a timely manner
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Balance the required bank accounts through out and at the end of each day
- Identify auto cash candidates.
- Resolve customer concerns by developing viable solutions to minimize future opportunities for service failures
Communicate with other units regarding any payment processing issues.
The Ideal Candidate
One year of experience in any related field of accounts receivable, payment applications, customer service, or accounting is required.
Combination of education and/or experience will be considered for the requirements listed above.
- Demonstrated proficiency at computer and 10 key typing
- Strong data entry aptitude
- Fast learner who follows instructions and responds to management direction
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to professionally discuss payment concerns with customers both internal and external
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.