Product Marketing Specialist
The Product Marketing Specialist will help support the execution of key marketing and sales initiatives designed to grow our North American fuel card business. They will own the review and approval process for all advertising and sales materials in order to comply with internal standards and regulatory best practices. This role manages multiple product advertising claim libraries and keeps a record of all created materials. The ideal candidate goes beyond process management by providing stakeholders valuable insights on how best to articulate the various products and offers. The ideal candidate will have superior organizational, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Conducting reviews of a wide variety of traditional and digital advertisements and sales/training material to offer constructive, flexible, relevant, timely, and contextual revisions and feedback to ensure compliance internal standards prior to providing final registered principal approval;
- Providing support and guidance to internal and external content creators related to regulatory, industry and company requirements and standards;
- Participate as needed in product-related and general marketing campaign/material development meetings to provide proactive, constructive and team-oriented feedback, advice and guidance from the advertising compliance perspective.
- Keep current on industry developments that affect marketing content, sales material and public communications and advise internal clients of changes in applicable rules and regulations and their effect on all traditional and electronic/digital written communications.
- Amiably and responsively support areas of the company as needed – sales associates, corporate marketing, brand marketing, digital marketing, external communications, etc.
- Effectively track product advertising claims and advertising and sales materials using established methods and tools per company record requirements.
- Manage LOB review process to ensure materials are reviewed by all required individuals.
- Maintain the records of all approved materials and conduct periodic audits to ensure record requirements are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience in a compliance, legal or marketing review function, preferably a Financial Services organization
- Prior experience in review of direct mail, e-mail marketing and/or copywriting a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills are required, as the position requires extensive interaction with a local and geographically dispersed, cross functional teams
- Must possess strong decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a deadline intensive environment
- Organized individual who displays initiative; self-starter; attention to detail
- Strong customer, relationship and change management skills
- Ability to balance the business objectives of the marketing clients and the industry and regulatory environment.
- Ability to communicate opinions and viewpoints clearly and concisely to senior management
- Must have proven ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Flexibility in taking on additional responsibilities over time as the job requires support of new and innovative processes