Cambridge is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Agile Product Owner who is passionate about technological innovation, process improvement and delivering the maximum business value. This Product Owner role is for someone who is constantly thinking about improvements and never afraid of changing and sharing thoughts and opinions.
The Product Owner will play a leadership role in the Scrum team to ensure that features and enhancements are in-scope, on-time and of high quality. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Being the final decision maker for system feature implementation and responsible and accountable for the outcome
- Working with stakeholders, Scrum team and Product Management Group, to adjust priorities and expectations in order to maximize the business value delivered
- Defining the scope of development for new product features and on-going feature enhancements
- Writing and prioritizing epics and user stories by understanding and translating customer and business needs
- Managing trade-offs and defining acceptance criteria
- Developing the roadmap across internal/external operation systems and business processes with enhancements
- Serving as the primary source of external information for the Scrum teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer/user and functional/non-functional requirements
- Working closely with the Product Managers to maintain a good understanding of clients/users, their needs and wants
- Working closely with the Software engineers to refine user stories, set priorities and represent the voice of customers and users
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Computer Science or Business
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant product owner experience
- Experience with product release management
- Experience with an international payments company or similar industry
- Experience liaising with various business departments including sales, marketing and operations
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience managing cross functional teams is an asset
- CSPO is nice to have but not mandatory
bilities and Attributes
- Passion, Passion and more Passion for technological innovation and process improvement
- A strong understanding of development best practices, and knowledge of Agile SDLC (Scrum, XP and Kanban)
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and project management skills
- Data-driven decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity, responsibility and influence
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
About the Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.