SVP, Office of the CIO
FLEETCOR is seeking an experienced IT Leader to oversee the Office of the CIO. This position is tasked with leading the PMO, Strategy and Planning, Performance Management, Processes and Methodologies, Vendor Management, and Finance and Budgeting functions of our North America IT organizations. This role will be responsible for working with IT leadership and business stakeholders to design, implement, and manage IT projects as well as manage and report the budget, forecast, and financial activities. Additionally, this role will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-performance team of professionals including providing guidance and distribution of workload based on employee bandwidth, capability, and business prioritization.
The IT function is led by Scott Dufour, Global CIO. Scott has 10 direct reports, including the SVP, Office of the CIO role. The IT Financial Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2019 is approximately $196.4 million spanning North America, EMEA, and Brazil regions supporting all FLEETCOR’s Lines of Businesses.
- $54.2 million in Capital (primarily IT Labor) expenditures for building new products and enhancements to existing platforms and applications.
- $142.2 million in Operating expense consisting of IT Labor, Telecommunications, Data Center Services and Application/Platform software and hardware services.
This role reports directly to the Global CIO, Scott DuFour.
The peers to this role are:
- The LOB CIOs:
- CIO, NA Fuel
- Stuart Houlston - CIO, Europe/ANZ
- Tom Pierce – CIO, Payments
- Tim Mullarkey – CIO, Lodging
- Paulo Scrideli – CIO, Tolls/Fuel
- Mark Willis – CIO, Gift
- Waddaah Keirbeck – Global CTO
- Brad Mohs – Chief Enterprise Architect
The Ideal Candidate
- Validate understanding of business goals and effectively communicate the IT strategy.
- Establish best practices, governance and standards across the IT organization and work with LOB CIO’s to standardize IT performance metrics, the IT operating model, and IT communications.
- Manage the IT operating budget and monitor value metrics to make informed decisions that maximize returns across IT investments.
- Drive harmonization of the IT Operating model with a strong focus to Agile development processes and quality.
- Work closely with different teams to identify and create solutions and an implementation plan to increase efficiencies and ensure a quality delivery.
- Partner with HR to drive recruitment, talent management, and talent development to build the next generation IT workforce.
- Work with LOB CIO’s to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities.
- Structure IT vendor performance management.
- Drive IT workforce strategy, including analyzing trends and business strategy to forecast critical skills and resource gaps.
- Ensure the efficiency of important aspects of the project and program management processes such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment.
- Oversee and direct activities of IT Finance team members to manage and improve financial functions and processes. Manage strategic financial decisions regarding investment in capital and resources and follow through on budgets, costs, and resources for technology organization.
- Communicate with management and LOB CIOs regarding financial activities (results, budget events, chargeback, etc.).
- Lead special projects and other initiatives on behalf of the CIO.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in IT management, line of business management, and/or corporate strategy roles.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, project management, and large cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline.
- Business relationship management experience a bonus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to define IT strategy and manage strategic internal relationships.
- Strong analytical skills to facilitate business decisions.
- Understanding of accounting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Excellent communicator.
- Doer not a delegator.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the work done.
- Ability to design and strategize as well as execute and implement.
- Creative and innovative.
- Results focused.
- Accountable and flexible.
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.