Sales Development Specialist
Comdata is looking for a Sales Development Specialist to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
- Work closely with corporate marketing and sales teams to create sales opportunities by prospecting using phone calls, email and other tactics
- Respond quickly to inbound sales leads that come from the website, email marketing campaigns, trade shows and other sources to qualify the lead and set introductory sales appointments
- Maintain monthly quota for leads generated
- Continuously work to improve skill set and effectiveness by learning from teammates, mentors and outside resources
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated to perform at a high level, is process oriented, and can still be creative in how they approach their job. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience and high school diploma/GED required
- 1+ years of experience in a B2B sales, lead generation, or telesales position
- Ambition to build a strong sales career
- Ability to understand what a prospect needs and respond to that need
- Ability to present him/herself professionally through exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge or experience with software sales or financial services sales a plus
About the Company
Comdata, based in Brentwood TN, is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issuer of MasterCard in North America, we offer one of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. We are part of the FLEETCOR family.
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and programs including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control employee spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $1.83 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 7,100 valued associates worldwide. In 2016 FORBES listed FLEETCOR as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and FORTUNE listed FLEETCOR as the 74th fastest growing company! In 2017, FLEETCOR made its debut on the Fortune 1000 national ranking at #988 for the first time since FLEETCOR’s 2010 initial public offering. Additional list highlights include:
- #309 Largest Company by Market Value
- #384 Most Profitable Company Overall
- #10 Most Profitable Company within the Financial Data Services Industry
- #19 Most Profitable Company within the Business Services Sector
- #12 Largest Company in Georgia by Market Value
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.