Senior Lead C/C++ Developer
FLEETCOR is currently seeking a C/C++ developer to join our global payments authorizations team. This role would provide lead development and support for our real-time payments processing systems around the world.
Skills and duties include
- C/C++ development and maintenance of code in different flavors/versions of UNIX operating systems, makefile builds, primarily Linux.
- Deep understanding of UNIX operating system/APIs including POSIX and System V message queues, TCP/IP online communications, and thread processing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and exercise complex OLTP systems
- Ability to work closely will small group of distributed developers, Quality Assurance engineers and production control groups
- Shell scripting (ksh/bash)/Perl
- Troubleshooting, reviewing and creating relatively simple SQL statements
- Familiarity with ISO8583 and IFSF payment industry messaging standards
- Participation agile groups
- Participation in production events via conference call as 3rd level support when necessary
- Build release patches; participate in deployment events
- Limited interface between business groups for troubleshooting online issues, report on outages
The Ideal Candidate
Must have technical skills:
- Extensive (5+ years) C/C++ unix development, makefile builds
- Experience with researching and maintaining large, complex codebases
- Deep understand of UNIX – preferred multiple flavors (Solaris, HPUX, Linux)
- TCP/IP online communications
- Experience in High Availability environments (24/7/365 99.999% uptime) – OLTP experience
Nice to have technical skills:
- Extensive SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience with VersionOne
- Experience with Subversion
Professional Java Experience
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.