Senior Oracle DBA
FLEETCOR is currently in need of an EXPERIENCED Sr. Oracle DBA to develop and maintain the corporate Oracle databases. The person in this role would be responsible for ensuring data integrity, security, retention, and recoverability of the data.
In this role, the Oracle DBA will design, build, test, and deploy quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology architecture standards and departmental best practices. The Oracle DBA will design and implement database strategies, administer enterprise-wide data architecture, implement complex data structures, and provide daily management of all corporate databases.
The Oracle DBA will create and administer all database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Responsible for evaluating patch releases from Oracle and communicating constraints, issues, and timelines for deployment.
- Change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments. Responsible for deploying approved changes to production.
- 24x7 rotational (4 to 5 weeks) on-call support, including driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA), preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews.
- Proactive database monitoring and issue resolution.
- Database and PL/SQL optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
- Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise systems enhancements.
- Implementation and ongoing support of high availability architecture (standby logical/physical clustering, RAC, Veritas, hot standby databases, etc.)
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation about the database and the data architecture.
- Regular proactive capacity planning and tending reviews of all oracle databases. Producing weekly, monthly management reports.
- Develop and implement Database security policies and procedures, in line with corporate objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have 7+ years Oracle DBA experience
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced on the different versions of Oracle (11g, 12c) on multiple operating systems (UNIX = AIX and Solaris, Linux = Red Hat).
- Experienced in Database backup using RMAN with CommVault or Exagrid
- Must have experience with OEM Grid Control, ASM, UNIX/Linux Shell Script, etc.
- RAC not required, but a plus
- Strong skills in PL/SQL, Unix Shell, tuning and debugging.
- Experience with GRID manager, TOAD, and other Oracle tools.
- Experience with Oracle database replication: GoldenGate and Active DataGaurd.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with high demands and short deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize heavy workload with minimum supervision.
- Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with development and infrastructure teams in doing database design, changes and enhancement to new and existing applications.
- Support interfaces and back-end integration with applications.
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions.
- Experience with virtual environments required
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Understanding of or experience supporting J2EE application.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or higher certificates on and 11g.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.