The Solution Architect is a hands-on role instrumental in the execution of Fleetcor's vision and strategy. Clear communication, a healthy obsession with automation, and solid technical skills are a must as this role involves working with several teams across the organization on various products and projects.
As a Solution Architect, you'll also help shape our culture as we grow our team by mentoring teammates and continuously helping to improve our practices and processes with a focus on secure, smart work.
You are expected to be a unifying force within the company, working with whomever it takes to deliver the proper solution.
- Always make security the top priority
- Automate what should be automated
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers' business and technical needs
- Collaborate with delivery teams on implementation according to design, standards, and best practices
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise to help solve business problems
- Contribute code depending on project requirements and skillset match
- Comfortably and credibly present to cross-functional team members
- Articulate the value proposition of getting solutions built using sound architecture principles
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years’ experience in software system architecture
- 3+ years’ public cloud experience
- 7+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience working with and deploying with Linux OS
- Comfortable navigating and light-troubleshooting Windows OS
- Knowledge of Docker and using containers in the deployment lifecycle
- Expertise in a compiled language such as Go, Rust, Java, C#
- Advanced knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of cloud architecture patterns and strategies including SaaS, PaaS, Security, Compute, Storage, and Messaging
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
- Experience working across verticals within and outside the organization
- Adept at mastering new technology, processes and software applications
- Dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction, persistent about achieving project goals
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating
- Own key relationships both up and downstream of the platform teams to ensure delivery
- Experience with designing and implementing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Proven ability to work in a global, multicultural environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with AWS and HA configuration
- Experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Experience with Azure
- Financial Service or Bank experience
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.