The Tax Analyst is responsible for compilation of financial information necessary for operating tax compliance, including sales and use tax, property tax, and fuel tax.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales and use tax returns for some complex states.
- Prepare timely and accurate property tax returns for multiple locations.
- Prepare timely and accurate fuel tax returns for multiple customers.
- Prepare tax accrual accounts monthly reconciliations.
- Review and respond to tax notices.
- Identify ways to improve the tax compliance process.
- Assist with sales and use tax audit responses.
- Research specific tax issues concerning sales and use taxes as they arise.
- Prepare state and local business license applications and renewals; respond to notices.
- Review and analyze capital expenditures and consumable invoices to ensure proper sales/use tax treatment and to ensure proper accruals are maintained.
- Examine Company and vendor tax exemption (resale) certificates for accurate completion prior to being maintained by the sales and use tax accountant or assigned personnel.
- Maintain tax calendars for statutory deadlines and any applicable extensions (Personal Property Tax).
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred with 2 or more years of related experience.
In lieu of degree, 6 or more years of related tax experience is required.
A demonstrated ability to process and file multi-state sales and use tax, property tax and fuel tax returns is required.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven intermediate-level proficiency in Word and Excel. Experience with Vertex and OneSource tax software, Lawson, Account Reconciliation Software (i.e. Blackline, AssureNET) and tax research material and applications (CCH) preferred. Strong level of personal organization with excellent oral/written communication skills required.
Must be detail-oriented, with a commitment to above-average accuracy.
Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments. Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment. Superior telephone, email etiquette, and customer service skills are required with the ability to react quickly to resolve customer issues.
Must be able to sit at workstation for a minimum of 7 hours per day, while using a computer keyboard and telephone. No lifting or other strenuous activity required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all requirements, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.