Technical Support Specialist
The Corporate Payments Technical Support Specialist is responsible for assisting with all technical aspects of customer and third party interfaces to ensure customer satisfaction and effective use of products and services. The primary function of this role is to support and handle technical questions and escalations from customers as well as resolve complex issues, resolve and close Salesforce cases, and other real-time customer needs.
Responsibilities may include internal and external service and sales support. Associates may be assigned to support a specific type of technology for a pool of customers, or for a specific customer base. Activities may include supporting data transfer, connectivity, and/or transaction processing. This position may respond to Salesforce cases, inbound emails, and phone calls, and work directly with clients to provide day to day account support, problem resolution, research, and analysis. This position provides technical support to both internal and external customers through phone calls, emails and chat interactions. Associates may escalate issues to other resources inside and outside of company, assist with user acceptance testing, support new products, and create documentation.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position is responsible for onboarding our clients with the products that they purchased. This could include Purchasing/Travel and Entertainment cards as well as ePayables virtual cards for AP payments.
- Resolve time sensitive customer technical problems by following established resolution procedures as well as documenting, communicating and follow-up with management as necessary.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of system integration options, including but not limited to Batch file processing, API interfaces, EDI, etc.
- Work with sales, account setup specialist, implementation project management, the customer and other associates for a successful customer implementation.
- Responsible for achieving highest possible revenue attainment from each customer
- Assess clients’ technical needs and conduct training/installation with the client as needed via webinars or on site.
- Updates and maintains customer statuses within the implementation phase for reporting purposes
- Helps develop new programs or processes for implementation and workflow improvements
- Occasionally required to join sales meetings, either over the phone or on site, to explain technical aspects of various integrations options and answer customer questions.
The Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required (Bachelor degree preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- 5+ year of experience with implementations, client support, technical support or customer-interfacing preferred
- 5+ year of experience with business to business integrations.
- Experience with data mapping and secure B2B file exchanges preferred
- SQL experience
- ERP or Accounting Back office knowledge experience
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, solid analytical skills and attention to details; and excellent follow-up skills
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate our product offerings and functionality
- Highly responsive to calls and emails; utilize available tools to track appointments and manage priorities without compromising other responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues; ability to analyze customer processes and provide creative solutions for implementation
- Keep informed of new system enhancements which may affect existing or future implementations
- Make suggestions for process improvements to address project quality, cost reduction, cycle time and/or productivity
About the Company