We are looking for UI Engineer to serve as the key contributor to our new UI Engineering team at Fleetcor. The UI Engineering team is part of a new, centralized, shared-services organization. The shared-services organization collaborates with the global Fleetcor business groups to design and implement new enterprise systems and products for improved operational efficiency.
In this role, you will combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Now’s a great time to join a team embarking on transformation
- Always make security the top priority
- Automate what should be automated
- Develop and maintain unit and functional tests.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues
- Collaborate and pair with multiple teams to share knowledge and improve everyone’s skills
- Define and document processes and analyses
- Develop new user-facing featuresBuild reusable code/component and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develop carbon copy html of UX /UI patterns given from the UX team
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Experience with mobile first design application
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years’ experience in UI engineering
- Experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practices
- Experience with Sketch and Photoshop
- Experience with unit and functional testing
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with open-source platforms and technologies
- Dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction, persistent about achieving project goals
- In depth experience using Agile, Scrum and iterative development practices
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration and facilitation
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with static site generators. We are using Hugo.
- Proven ability to work in a global, multicultural environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Financial Service or Bank experience
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED company, look no further!
- Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter when you are hired during the month!
- Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30) days on the job: no more waiting until you’ve been with the company for 1 year!
- Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
- Fun environment with contests and prizes!
- Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
- Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
- An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
- Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control, simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Australasia. For more information, please visit www.FLEETCOR.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness initiatives…allowing each individual to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.